Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

R/C Motor controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

windozeuser

Hello fellow board members :). I need to drive a total of eight 12VDC motors using a central Radio control controller. If any of you could provide any details, or plan on how to build this project I would appreciate it very much.

The Motors current draw is a little over an Amp with Max at 2.

Thank you!

I was thinking of using a PIC and radio receiver to control it somehow?

The motors need to operate independently, but also have the ability for me to program combos at the same control channel.

For example: Move Motor X AND Motor Y at the same time in opposite directions.

A PIC would do.

At the trasmiter you need wn PIC whith 8 ADC ports.You send it over the radio whith amnchester code.Recive at the other end an then use that to control PWM modules.

It can be made much simpelar whith buttons.Whith that almost any 18 pin PIC will do.And on the other side the same.

And you can make it to that in the code it self.Just meaby add an bootloader an an COM port on it to reporgram faster

windozeuser said:
Could you please be more specfic? Thanks :D
adding to electro
u need to build a 'code' that could be sent over to the motor controller using rf. at the tx side the code may be build using switches or similar .
build the code, encode that using manchester code and transmit ->receive, decode the manchester code , and control the motors .
the encoding/ decoding part can be done using pic .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back