Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

quiz pannel lights and buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jace33

Hi guys am new to all of this but would like to know if anyone knows of a kit or knows of instructions to build one of these.

I am interested in making a kit like they have on the game show buzzes. example have six people sitting behind a buzzer and light and you ask them a question and they push the button and their buzzer and light lights up on the first person that putshed it. If that makes scence to anyone am interested in anyone that knows of a kit or how to make one please.

As doing triva nights and would like to make this kit for a fun way of asking questions and making people more involved.

thanks
Jace

How complex do you want it to be?

A simple circuit can be made using an array of SCRs and a transistor but a timer could be added and perahpps a buzzer giving a different sound for each player.

A microcontroller like a PIC and Atmel. You would need a program and programmer, need to wire it all up. But would be simple.

One input for the quiz master (reset the light and start the timer), 6 inputs for the contestants, 6 outputs for the lights (or LEDs), one output for the buzzer.

You would need LEDs, momentary switches and a buzzer. How big an area is this (How loud does the buzzer need to be)?

In the software when you first turn it on, have it watch the quiz master switch to pulse the timer increments (say 5 seconds each click) to bump the delay timer (3 clicks will be 15 seconds).

Maybe I will see if my son wants to make one? If so, I will share it with you.

Jace33

I quick (rough) microcontroller version using a PIC 16F628. I will etch the board tomorrow after I check it and whip up the code if I get time (tring to teach my middle son to write code in MikroBASIC for the PICS, and I know our family will play with this :) ). I made this for me, so LED will work, and I left PADS to solder my momentary buttons too. The one
with no LED is the quiz master.

I have a ton of "honey DOs" for tomorrow but I will try. And I have a help manual to write for a Win32 program I am doing with a friend in Washington. And he is riding me to get it done. Hope he never finds electro-tech-online or I will be in trouble. And he is an EE for Honeywell. :eek: So it could happen.

Anyway, here is a peek.

(NOTE: Not to Jace33, but other before you get on me (like the A missing on the uC, the buzzer, etc). I use two layers to speed up ratsnesting (and I need all the help there I can get). The red and blue layers, if see PURPLE I fix it.
When I print it on the laser, the red and blue are black (single layer). Also I stuffed whatever parts that were the right size so I can get the board etched and go play).

Attachments

• new1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 364
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Jace33:

Well it was a long day, but I did get to etching.. Cat jumped up to check them out.

Will try to drill and do code tomorrow, but no promises (I would bet maybe drilled).. I never got my main projects done today so I still have to get them done (it is 11PM Sat here in the US so today is done)..

Also, mine is LEDs to showed who pushed the button first (for my kids), not what you wanted so you will have to work from this. The rest it probably the same as what you need.

Attachments

• DSC01461.JPG
    DSC01461.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC01462.JPG
    DSC01462.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips