Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

oem_odm

just'a quicky

if 2 IR leds are emitting towards a standard IR receiver module, each having slightly different encoded message - will the single IR receiver module be alright for detecting the encoded message....

(and :-o should the encoded message be cosntructed in an particular way, i.e. unique id at beginning or end) - i have no idea about the actual encoding...just surface level so please excuse my approach

thanks

(and :-o should the encoded message be cosntructed in an particular way, i.e. unique id at beginning or end) - i have no idea about the actual encoding...just surface level so please excuse my approach

You should use a protocal to encode the message. Something like IRDA, SIRC or RC5 depending on what you want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back