Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quick question regarding a Defa Heating element

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreeb

Hi there guys.

I have a old DEFA carheater, and im wondering if rhe heating element can be submersed in water? I have included pictures.

Attachments

• 20201005_142333.jpg
    20201005_142333.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 209
  • 20201005_142346.jpg
    20201005_142346.jpg
    885.6 KB · Views: 206
im wondering if rhe heating element can be submersed in water?

I wouldn't! It says it works on 230V and has no insulation on the resistance strips so it would make whatever it's immersed, in *live*, and if your lucky just blow a fuse or breaker. It is an air over type heater, putting it in water would be like a scene in a murder movie where they put a toaster in the bath tub.

I wouldn't! It says it works on 230V and has no insulation on the resistance strips so it would make whatever it's immersed, in *live*, and if your lucky just blow a fuse or breaker. It is an air over type heater, putting it in water would be like a scene in a murder movie where they put a toaster in the bath tub.

Thanks for the reply mate. Thats what i guessed aswell hehe. Trying to make a diy waterheater, best solution ive found atm is a heater from a watertank

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back