Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

quick eagle question about grouping

Status
Not open for further replies.

danrogers

Hi all. I

am laying out a board at the moment, and I have decided some of the traces are too big, rather than delete them and re-route with smaller traces, or adjust the properties of the existing traces one by one - is there a way to group them and modify them all together?

I have been trying to figure out how but I'm not having any luck yet

Please say which version of Eagle you are using.

Here are some ways for 5.11 in addition to what you already mention.

1) Outline with the Group command (dotted square icon). Click on the Change icon , select width, and select the width you want. Now, with the cursor outside the area, Right click and select Change group. If you click on the Polygon before clicking on the Group command, you can outline a polygon instead of a rectangle, then go through the change dialog.

2) Select the Group icon. Then press CTRL + SHIFT together and Left click on the traces you want to change. That adds trace segments for the whole signal/net to the Group. You can add multiple signals or just one. Click on the Change icon , select width, and select the width you want. Now, with the cursor outside the area, Right click and select Change group.

The second method, while a little more complex, is probably more useful as it is signal, not geometry based. The critical steps are explained in Help under Change and Group.

John

Last edited:
John,

I'm using 6.2 - the latest I think. Many thanks for the help, the first method works fine for the task, and the second method is handy to know :)

many thanks

The main reason to ask the version is that starting with 6.0, the select, cut, and paste routines were changed to be more like windows. You can reset them to be like the pre-6.0, though.

Apparently, the 6.0 changes did not affect the select and alter protocols. Good luck.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back