Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions Regarding Look Up Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawais826

Hi, I hope all members are doing well.
I would like to ask a couple of of questions regarding look up tables.
1) how can we create 2-1 multiplexer using only 2 input look up tables?
2) can outputs of one set of look up tables be used to map SRAM bits of another look up table?
Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Your questions make no sense. Try describing what you are trying to do.

Mike.

I am trying to figure out that if an FPGA has only two input Look up tables available how would one use that FPGA's two input look up tables to implement 4 variable function?

Last edited:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 269
How many inputs (total bits over the four values) and what size result?
A look-up table is, in essence, just a area of memory with the address range being the total number of input bits.

One with two 8-bit inputs needs 2^16 = 65536 bytes or words; 64K.
eg. If you wanted four, 5 bit inputs that is 2^20 possibilities or 1MByte of storage.

For single-bit inputs, which part of the article you link implies, then four LUTs all fed by the first two inputs and a four-way multiplexer controlled by the other two inputs to select the correct result combination.

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back