Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions on using IR2110

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrudd

I've been trying to use the IR2110 driver for an N-Channel H-Bridge config.
I'm about to give up after reading everything I could find that folks have published on using this driver. I have a 12vdc power supply as +Bat. Here are my questions. Referring to the 1st page schematic on the IR2110 Data Sheet:
1.What value caps are recommended for the com to Vcc and HighSide Source to Vb and do these caps need to be electrolytic.
2. What diode is recommended for the Vcc to Vb connection
3. I was using 5vdc from a regulator for Vdd. Is there any reason why I cannot hook the +Bat(12vdc) to Vdd.
4. Any reason why I cannot hook Vcc directly to +Bat(12Vdc).
5. I am using HPWM from PIC and getting about 4.25vdc amplitude and running at about 2k Hz. I am running the HPWM sig to HIN and running a True(High) from a PIC Pin to LIN for one diagonal of the bridge which would stay High as long as I want the motor to run in that direction. I'm not seeing any PWM at HO.
6. Or should I run PWM to HIN and Inverse PWM to LIN as I have seen some do.
7. What value should be used for the resistors running to the mosfet gates.
Thanks John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back