Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on squaring operation using AD633

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjainmg

Hi all,

I'm trying perform a squaring of audio signals using AD633. The datasheet shows two methods of connection. I foresee that I may have a problem as I do not wish to have output voltage varying too much due to the dc term in the 1st method and would like to have a bounceless effect. Any suggestions?

Hi all,

I'm trying perform a squaring of audio signals using AD633. The datasheet shows two methods of connection. I foresee that I may have a problem as I do not wish to have output voltage varying too much due to the dc term in the 1st method and would like to have a bounceless effect. Any suggestions?
Can you be more specific. What do you mean by "bouncless effect"?

So why not use the "bounceless" connection shown in Figure 5 in the data sheet?

Don't see any way to completely eliminate the DC shift then. It's inherent in the squaring process. About the best you can do is AC couple the output through a capacitor to suppress the DC term, but you'll still get a "bump" when the input amplitude suddenly changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back