Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on Memory programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyverArmor

Hey there, first time poster here. I currently attend ITT tech and as final project we have to build something that incorporates everything we have learned.

Me and my team have decided to build a simple alarm system that would feed off a keypad to enter the code to either activate it or disarm it. My question:

How would I go about programing the memory chip to store the 4 bit code and then compare it. Granted, we haven't taken our Microprocessors class yet...but we really know how we could use this. Any help on either guides or pointing me in the right direction would be great. Thanks again!

Hey there, first time poster here. I currently attend ITT tech and as final project we have to build something that incorporates everything we have learned.

Me and my team have decided to build a simple alarm system that would feed off a keypad to enter the code to either activate it or disarm it. My question:

How would I go about programing the memory chip to store the 4 bit code and then compare it. Granted, we haven't taken our Microprocessors class yet...but we really know how we could use this. Any help on either guides or pointing me in the right direction would be great. Thanks again!

Hi GuyverArmor and welcome!

What memory chip? It depends on what you use.
How much time to do have for this project? Do you have any µC experience? If so, which µC (if any) were you going to base your project on? You want to just enter a four digit number and have a red LED turn-off (arm) and green to turn on (disarm)? Do you want it to be user programmable or is the entry code going to be hard coded (one code only)? You could use something without a µC but it would be very crude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back