Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question DVD drive SATA PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
What tips for properly storing long-term internal SATA DVD drives? they have mechanical circuit, optical lens and electronic circuit

I just pile them with other PC parts in a cupboard.. As long as they are not dropped, crushed or anywhere damp they should be fine.

Each DVD holds about 5Gb to 16Gb (depending on # of layers and # of sides). So, worst case, 60 dvds per Terabyte. Buy a HDD for under $100/4Tb and you can store 240 dvds (or more).
If you want to get fancy, a 4Tb SSD is about $450.
Then copy the DVDs to the useful, modern storage device. Then throw the drive and dvds in the trash.

Then copy the DVDs to the useful, modern storage device. Then throw the drive and dvds in the trash.
That's okay as long as you have a backup for the "modern storage device" which can crash and burn.

That's okay as long as you have a backup for the "modern storage device" which can crash and burn.
I just installed a new hard disk on a computer connected to a Microsoft OneDrive. When I reconnected to my OneDrive, everything was synchronized automatically - I was almost disappointed I didn't get a chance to clean things up and arrange them differently this time. In the end, I was super happy I didn't wast a half a day trying to copy everything back onto the New PC (except for a few applications).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back