Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about x10 modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamech

Hello

I work in a company that wants to work in home automation field. We need x10 modules to make this task.

The problem is that nearly all x10 modules that I have found
can not make what we want.

Most so called x10 modules I have found is not modules, but they are "devices" (which means they can not be parts of other products). I need a module that for example takes a data through serial pins, and packaging it in x10 form. The an x10 receiver does the decoding and give me the data again through serial pins. Are there somethings similar to what I describe? I think that the matter is easy, but I do not know why all products talks about other things

TW523 is what I use.
Smarthome 1132b is a new product that looks better. Have not used.

I am moving over to xbee for sending data but will continue to use X10 for turning lights on/off.

z-wave, Insteon, UPB,x-10 to start. Search home automation.
ColoradoVnet BIG$$$$$ and a pain to work with.
Report back with what you find!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back