Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question About DIP Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're called trinary DIP switches. Something like this? :-
**broken link removed**

They're called trinary DIP switches. Something like this? :-
**broken link removed**

Close, but not exactly what I was looking for. These DIP switches seem to have a common + and common - connections. So, if they were used in the development board to connect I/O pins to pull up or pull down resistors they would at the same time short the commonly configured I/O pins to one other. For instance, if the switch was set so that pins 1-3 were pulled up, then those pins would also be shorted to each another. That might be OK depending on the specific circuit but it wouldn't be OK for every application. That is unless I missed something or maybe there is a clever way to wire the switch to achieve the individual pull up, pull down, floating functionality. At any rate, thanks for the input.

Actually after some thought, I think I'm wrong and that those switches would work perfectly. The resistor could be placed in between the I/O pin and the individual switches so the I/O pins don't get shorted to one another. Thanks! I just wish you were around last year with that info. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back