Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

folia

Hi all,
i have a question about bluetooth devices, is that possible to use a bluetooth device i mean the usb one,as a stand alone unit, i want to know if that possble to give the device the need voltage 5v, and to use small circuit to send audio signal from the D-,D+, then to received from a bluetooth headset device or to receive signal from another usb bluetooth, as a full duplex.

Regards,
folia

I'm guessing you would have to use some form of modulation of the audio before it gets sent to the bluetooth device, and then demodulation at the receiving end. If you know what kind of demodulation a bluetooth headset carries out, then its possible I guess.

And why do you need full duplex operation if you just want to send audio from one to the other?

Thanks NJ,
I'm not sure of demodulation type..., but my qyestion is there'sany need to use a special interface to plug the twisted pair of the Usb input d-,d+ ? about the full duplex if that possible to do a voice comunication in a full duplex way between to usb bluetooth device.
Regards

No, you couldn't use a USB bluetooth adapter in that manner, you'd have to completly recreate the USB host protocol, or at least enough of it to configure the bluetooth adapter and it's not likley you know all of the handshaking and driver configuration steps the device is going through. Sparkfun electronics (www.sparkfun.com) sells bluetooth modules that can be interfaced with logic level micro controllers but they're expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back