Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about ATD

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubdh23

Hi, There is this force transducer that gives out voltages depending on the force on it. When connected to my ATD input of my motorola 68hc12 board, it gives 0 volts reading. I noticed that when i connect 1000 ohms or less to the transducer output, it gives me zero volts so i am guessing that the ATD input has a small impedance and is loading the transducer.
Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
thanks a lot

cubdh23 said:
Hi, There is this force transducer that gives out voltages depending on the force on it. When connected to my ATD input of my motorola 68hc12 board, it gives 0 volts reading. I noticed that when i connect 1000 ohms or less to the transducer output, it gives me zero volts so i am guessing that the ATD input has a small impedance and is loading the transducer.
Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
thanks a lot
Try small 1nF Capacitor OR (better) is to use OpAmp with gain of 1 (aka voltage follower)...

Is that transducer amplified internally?

Most force transducers are load cells based on a whetstone bridge. That means they are differential and thus you cannot read a single voltage vs ground, the output is the difference between the two outputs.

Load cells are also often low amplitude signals. Do you have a spec on what amplitude of signal you expect? Some sensors have an output which spans only millivolts full scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back