Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about a PIC chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many different kinds of PICs available in 8 pin packages.

Last edited:
well im tryin to figure out which one this is. im tryin to modify an xbox controller and this guy shows you everything but he calls the chip a PIC and doesnt specify which one it is here is the web page i am looking at maybe somebody can tell me which PIC it is

**broken link removed**

well im tryin to figure out which one this is. im tryin to modify an xbox controller and this guy shows you everything but he calls the chip a PIC and doesnt specify which one it is here is the web page i am looking at maybe somebody can tell me which PIC it is

**broken link removed**

It wouldn't be much help identifying the PIC unless you have the code to program it with - which I presume you haven't?. If you're writing your own code, choose any PIC you like.

**broken link removed**

You need to buy the kit from the guy to carry out the mods......

This isnt the same as modding a playstation where the pics were 12C508s, the code was available and the wiring mods were all free.....

Ahhh...takes me back a bit...( oeerrrr should I have said that.... :D )

Last edited:

**broken link removed**

FWIW, you'd be better off just buying his mod kit, or anyone else's mod kit and proceeding to invalidate your warranty.....or perhaps not.

There are quite a few 8-pin PICs around and even if you could identify which one has been used, regardless of his attempts to scratch off any identifying marks:confused::confused::confused:, it's quite likely that the contents (program) will be code-protected.

A PIC is a microcontroller, which can be internally configured to perform certain functions, limited only by the hardware capabilites/number of IO lines available to that particular chip. Program code is used to configure the chip and tell it what to output in response to inputs on configured pins.

As Nigel says, without the actual code that the seller is using, simply buying the same chip is useless. Useless, because buying that chip would only give you a piece of plastic with 8 pins that does nothing until it is programmed.

HTH.

It would be cheaper to buy an Xbox controller with rapid fire than it would be to modify one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back