Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Query/Feedback to Colin @ TalkingElectronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have never bothered to read the site in depth mike as i dont find the layout particularly good for the way i like to browse. but i will spend some time over the next couple of days looking at it as obviously it wouldnt be fair or right of me to post an opinnion without at least reading it in depth. But regarding the comments you quoted then yes i would find them distasteful and innapropriate.

I really don't see collins site as much because the way he words a lot of his commits. He even has stuff I done on this site then post crap about I don't know this or that.

That to me shows it all, I think Mike is right collins should give Jose a fair shake. I like Mike he has jumped me to for some dumb posting but I took it like man and learned from it.

Last edited:
...update...

I'd like to mention that it appears Colin Mitchel has edited his critique of Jose Pino's Almost No Parts Clock project in his "Spot The Mistake" column on the TalkingElectronics web site, limiting his critique now to his complaint about the lack of current limiting resistors on the LED segments. He also seems to have edited the text in the critique of the EDN article I mentioned (you can no longer find his 'expert' assertion that there is no eight pin package for 10F' devices). I have not yet checked to see if he has removed some of the other offensive and disturbing comments which were high-lighted earlier in this thread.

Demonstrating the character and behavior for which he is becoming famous, Colin made the changes without any fan-fare, without acknowledging any mistake, without apologies for his offensive behavior, and yes, without even saying thanks for bringing the matter to his attention. Currently there is still no mechanism on the TalkingElectronics web site for the public to dispute or challenge his comments or to bring mistakes to his attention.

Thank you all for your support. We made a difference.

Cheerful regards, Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back