Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quadrature encode :newbie trying not to reinvent the wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mashie

I've got an interesting requirement. I'm trying to convert trackball movement to a standard analog joystick motion using the PIC16C54 and MCP42100--both Microchip ic's.

Before I reinvent the wheel, has anyone coded or seen code for a quadrature to digital pot conversion. I've read through code for quadrature encoding and code for digital pot control. But, I am new enough to PIC programming that combining these functions will take a while.

I'm working on using the PIC16F876 and MCP42100, as illustrated by Microchip's app note AN746. But, I'd appreciate any insight one can offer in coding a PIC16C54 with a MCP42100 for this task.

Links to existing code or posting/emailing complete code would be outstanding. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back