Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

QT100 Touch LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shur23

Hi guys,

I've got a 12V touch-activated LED light:
1.jpg

Pin 2 of U2 is GND, and 4 goes to the sensor contacts via a cap, so it looks like it's a QT100A:
2.jpg

It works a treat, however my problem is that when I hook it up, the LED stays off until it's touched, whereas I need it to be ON by default, so that when I flicked a physical switch it would come on, and then I could switch it off via touch. Any way I can achieve that with some reasonable mod?

Appreciate your help.

Solution
You could use a transistor or a single inverter to invert the output state of the QT100A. Then the low level output of the QT100A, the state it defaults to, would make the light turn on.

You could use a 74AHC1G04 for the inverter. You would have to cut the track that goes from pin 1, the output, of the QT100A, and connect the output of the QT100A to the input of the 74AHC1G04. The output of the 74AHC1G04 would connect to whatever the QT100A used to connect to.

Power and ground of the 74AHC1G04 would connect to power and ground of the QT100A
You could use a transistor or a single inverter to invert the output state of the QT100A. Then the low level output of the QT100A, the state it defaults to, would make the light turn on.

You could use a 74AHC1G04 for the inverter. You would have to cut the track that goes from pin 1, the output, of the QT100A, and connect the output of the QT100A to the input of the 74AHC1G04. The output of the 74AHC1G04 would connect to whatever the QT100A used to connect to.

Power and ground of the 74AHC1G04 would connect to power and ground of the QT100A

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back