Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

QPSK Transceiver design using ICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaverian

Dear all,

as part of my course i have been asked to design a transceiver (transmitter and receiver circuits) based on QPSK modulation technique using analouge IC components. Can any one help.

if you have any questions please do not hesitate to reply.

thanks for the help

regards

Well, I don't have any questions, so I guess that's about it then.

However, you might want to wander by the websites of Linear.com, Analog.com, National.com, TI.com or Maxim-ic.com and take a look at their I-Q modulator parts...

(BTW, if English isn't your first language I apologize, but the tone of the original request was a bit... overbearing)

thanku for the reply james,

i apologise if i souded rude. and yes u r right english is not my first language i am from pakistan.

any way i shall have a look at those websites u suggested.

once again thanks

xaverian said:
QPSK, is a type of Phase Shift Keying Modulation technique, Quadrature Phase Shift Keying.

Good. So I hope you understand that what you want to do is to apply this modulation method to a carrier. You will need to choose a reasonable and appropriate carrier frequency to start with. The factors that are important to consider include:
- how will you generate this carrier?
- what analog components will be used to modulate it and what are the frequency limits of those analog components?
- how will you measure your resulting QPSK to see if your modulator is working or not?

We don't really know the answer to the second question yet, but hopefully you have an idea of the first one and third one. Please provide your comments on these questions.

Next, you need to research what is the the most common, simplest approach to generating QPSK. You need to find the block diagram representing this approach and show it to us. Please post the block diagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back