Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Python

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrG

I have an interest in "Machine Learning". Python seems to be used, or at least associated with, machine learning. I had it in my head to learn Python.

Yesterday, I decided to try an embedded controller version of Python, uPyCraft. I followed this tutorial and in an hour or so, I had Python up and running on an ESP8266 board and was blinking an LED.

I don't like Python. It seems like going backwards.

I have nothing else to say on the matter.

My son was using it about 10 years ago at University. I didn't like it either. When indenting becomes part of the flow control it becomes confusing. I keep thinking I should give it another go, maybe I will just out of curiosity.

Mike.

I have an interest in "Machine Learning". Python seems to be used, or at least associated with, machine learning. I had it in my head to learn Python.

Yesterday, I decided to try an embedded controller version of Python, uPyCraft. I followed this tutorial and in an hour or so, I had Python up and running on an ESP8266 board and was blinking an LED.

I don't like Python. It seems like going backwards.

I have nothing else to say on the matter.

Most Google interview questions are based on python - python is the bases for many google "features".

My daughter did some Python programming as part of her Chemistry degree, no idea why?, but she enjoyed it - really pissed me off as I'd been trying to get her interested in programming for years :D

I had taught her to solder at Primary School, and she was the best solderer at Secondary School (including the teacher) as they made a 555 based project, then at University she was the best solderer in the Chemistry department (they built an op-amp based project, a simple light meter).

As I have tried 3D construction using Blender, python is a must... But I agree with Mike.. How the begeebers can you use indentation as flow control... I have umteen text editors ( as many of you have) and not one has the same tabulation...

The only person I have ever seen use tabs to a degree of accuracy is Mike Mclaren... God knows how he does it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back