Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.
noname said:
How can i regulate the pwm when i have different loads?

It's rather a vague question, and doesn't actually ask what you want to know?.

I'm presuming you want to keep the speed of the motor constant?, to do so you need a feedback signal that alters the PWM in response to motor speed changes.

or to do eactly like Nigel said but with current feedback

Bascially is sounds like you will need a control-loop

1) voltage-loop
2) current-loop
3) speed-loop

depending on what you want (as nigel said vague) you will need 1,2 or all of the above.

Bascially you will have a demanded voltage/current/speed. you wll also need a voltage/current/speed feedback (ie what the system is actually doing).

using an OPAMP in a diff-amp arrangement you can then get the difference between the two - the error. It is this error that is used to generate the PWM (via comparason with a triangle wave).

Ans as you can see as the error gets closer to zero (ie the output is the demand) then the PWM will go to 50% (if that is how you set it up)

Basic priciple:
This is a voltage-control loop. It will maintain the voltage even if the load changes (ie it draws more or less current)

The level can be control by the input pin "V-Demand".

This is just an overview and is missing alot but the priciple can be seen

Attachments

• control.png
    control.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 353
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back