Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM to Analog Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineergc

Dear All;

I am trying to convert PWM to analog signal without any software. I tried use RC filter but freqeuncy range of PWM signal is 5 Hz to 500 Hz, so I can not use RC filter. I searched PWM to analog converter entegres, but their minimum frequency starts from 30 Hz. How I can convert pwm to analog in specified range without any software?

What produces PWM that varies in frequency? PWM is normally at a fixed frequency and the on/off ratio is varied. Can you give more details about the signal?

Mike.

I have PWM signals that have different frequencies. I want to convert them to analog signals. Min. frequency of pwm signals is 5 Hz and max. frequency is 500 Hz.

PWM stands for pulse width modulation, there is no variable frequency, just variable width. Unless you can describe the signal better then I can't help you - repeating your previous post doesn't help.

Min. frequency of pwm signals is 5 Hz and max. frequency is 500 Hz.
500hz = 2mSeconds
5hz = 2oomS
It is possible that you have a system where the "on time" is 2mS and the off time is variable from 2mS to 200mS in 2mS steps.
(or the reverse of that)
_-_-_-_-_-_-=fast and high dutycycle
_-_________-________=slow and low dutycycle
**************OR************
Maybe you have different PWMers. One runs at 5hz and another runs at 500hz.

Read this post. This is normally how you filter 500Hz PWM to produce a proportional DC level. Note the settling time. If you start with 5Hz PWM, it will take 100 times longer for the DC level to respond to a step change of the PWM duty-cycle.

Perhaps, you really just need a frequency to voltage converter, as is sometimes used in tachometers. There are single chips to do that.

John

Some birds flap their wings at 5Hz.
I agree that it will take a long time for a filter to settle when the 5Hz PWM has very narrow pulses.

I believe that Simon has introduced himself previously as either a LT employee or rep.

In any case, I have no problem with him providing suggestions. LT is a superb semiconductor company with a wide and innovative product portfolio.

Can you substantiate that claim?
is from where you recon a true hardware engineer - all tough the app is up and running - there's a possibility it runs from the wrong bases (this' - about the nomination)
such has happened (namely the device´s operating range was narrow - and it didn't work because of what i thought it did) -- as there's a possibility someone passing a typo or miss wording
(thinking of -- people who can design Op Amps are here - muhahaa - this is so sillily cool :woot:)

is from where you recon a true hardware engineer - all tough the app is up and running - there's a possibility it runs from the wrong bases (this' - about the nomination)
such has happened (namely the device´s operating range was narrow - and it didn't work because of what i thought it did) -- as there's a possibility someone passing a typo or miss wording
(thinking of -- people who can design Op Amps are here - muhahaa - this is so sillily cool :woot:)

Wow, what a "sentence." It is completely incomprehensible to me.

Back to my original comment, it would help if I knew what " :p:p:p:p:p:p " and " ;););) " meant. The former apparently translates to "stick out tongue" and the latter to "wink". So, six tongues and three winks means what? How does that modify that he previously worked at Linear? Are you suggesting it is good, bad, or that his suggestion is clouded by that fact?

To be correct, I am now a dude from Analog... and no, I did not understand the sentence either (!). It sounds like an output from Google Translate. Thanks for the compliment on the product range. It is much appreciated :woot:

it's about sincere happiness . . .

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p ! BOOM ! :) thinking of . . . centuries of pollution and contamination :woot:
-----
((as in fact i think the china only should and can deal with those guys . . . in guiding their efforts to a longer perspectives ... for everyone ...))
. . .
as what to admire about this people is the capability to incorporate the existing no resources to actually output anything // in contrast to our plentiful world where the only brake is not getting along with each other o_O . . . continuously as and in this forum most unfortunately

Last edited:
Hmm. Don't think much of their manufacturing quality control. The nose cone of the missile in that pic is way off from the template. Makes you wonder how far off target the flight end-point would be! :eek:

That image is inside a laboratory or building.
Yet, Kim is wearing a heavy, fur lined coat and hat.
There is absolutely no heating in the building!
And that is in premier lab.

This image is not unique. There are many pictures of Kim touring rocket and weapons labs, showing the same garments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back