Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM Signal Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCB.Engineer

Please help me to design a PWM Signal Generator using a PIC16F887. The output frequency should be 100Hz-200KHz, Input Voltage is 5V-6.3V-Output 0-3.3V. I want to know if anybody has a idea using different method because I'm planning to use the PIC as the signal generator. Maybe using a separate PWM generator circuit controlled by PIC is one good idea but im having trouble in finding a circuit that will fit my specification. Maybe someone know an IC that can be used to perform this task. Thanks.

thank you for the reply. I already checked that data sheet. I want to know if it is possible to step the frequency by 1Hz starting from 100Hz using the PIC oscillator alone?

Do u mean a DC amplifier or a hi current supply>? Or perhaps a signal amplier ?

If it's under 20ma output drive I'd suggest using an opamp, for lower freq. u can go with an LM258/358 as those are single rail and will give u 3.3V out from a 5V supply. 200Khz should be ok for them, but check the spec sheet to be sure. Just setup the feedback to give u the 1:3.3 amplification.
If u are dealing with just the signal out, place a decoupling cap on the input & output. Perhaps a .1uf should work ok at those freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back