PWM, motor control with pic, please read and help if you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_imum2000

Hello there
i am trying to make a circuit that controls 6 DC motors (12-24volt) (1-2amp),
3 variables should be there, speed (PWM), Direction (For & Rev) , and duration which the motor should work then stops.

i intended to use L298 for each 2 motors.

i wonder what is the best PIC i can use to do this job. i really need it to be cheap and to control as much L298 as possible.

i am thinking of using 2 PIC16F84 , each PIC controls 2 L298 dirversr and each L298 controls 2 motors.
then i control the 2 PIC16F84 with another larger PIC to handle all the communications between the PC for example and the other circtuit

what do you think, ?
i realy need your opinon

thank u

Re: PWM, motor control with pic, please read and help if you

For a start DON'T use the 16F84, it was replaced last century by the ceaper and better spec 16F628 - which also has one hardware PWM output. If you check on MicroChip, I believe they now do an 18 pin PIC with two PWM channels?.

Thank you all for your rely
if i am getting this correct
pic is connected to the L298 with 4 lines (2 for each motor) . each of these 2 lines are inputs for a OR gate , output to the enable line for the motor.
the enable will also make a PWM type signl with the output lines to the motor.
what do u think of that. anyother way to make the enable on while pwm ?without using an extra PIC line ?

about newer pic, can i direct the PWM to any output ? i will read the data sheet and try to figure it out

regards

cud u plz send me the 'c' source code program for working a motor using pic18f4520

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…