Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM from MicroController to FET

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogdens_R

Hi,

I am trying to do and ESC and I just want to ask if the PWM signal from a micro-controller can used directly on the gate of an FET? Or do I need a driver IC in between?

Thanks

dogdens_R said:
Hi,

I am trying to do and ESC and I just want to ask if the PWM signal from a micro-controller can used directly on the gate of an FET? Or do I need a driver IC in between?

Thanks

I don't do much with FET's, but as long as it's a logic level FET it should be OK.

Most logic level FETs wil have it listed in the "features" section right at the top of the datasheet. If you want to see if a FET will work at logic levels just look for the gate voltage vs Rdson graph. This graph will tell you how low the resistance is at a given gate voltage. If the given Rdson is okay for your gate voltage then the FET will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back