Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

purchase pic datasheet hardcopy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericbirecki

Is there a place to purchase printed pic datasheets?? I just used up a whole printer cartridge printing up 160 pages of one of their datasheets. I looked around microchip's website and couldn't find anything, but I seem to remember seeing that you can purchase them.

Eric B.

You can try your local sales distributor if they have some databooks. They used to give it away in the last century.

At one time MicroChip published a book with all the datasheets, but I've not seen one for years now - I suspect the Internet and PDF system has rendered it pointless?.

If it takes your printer a complete cartridge to print a single datasheet, perhaps you need a better printer?.

Set the printing qualety to pour.The text will be a tiny bit gray but it will use up much les paint in the cartrige.

Think Microchip would be upset if someone were to sell them?

Thanks for the help guys, I called the indiana office and they're going to send me a copy of the "Picmicro mid-range MCU Family Reference Manual" for free. It's PDF comes in at over 600 pages, so I didn't even want to imagine printing that up. Very nice polite lady, and she refered me to the Chicage office for future requests.

Eric B.

I received the copy of PICmicro Mid-Range MCU Family Reference Manual by FedEx today (it actually came on friday, but noone was here to sign for it).

The type is a bit small for my old eyes, but it sure beats reading a PDF file on the computer.

Thanks for the advice.

Eric B.

what is wrong with a PDF ??
i find them great , you can read them from three or four feet away by enlarging them..

The biggest problem with using a PDF at a size that I can read easily is that I can't see anything else. I can't glance over at the diagram, or easily flip pages to cross ref info.

Printed text in books (even if it's small) is infinitely more pleasant than reading on a computer.

Eric B.

williB said:
what is wrong with a PDF ??
i find them great , you can read them from three or four feet away by enlarging them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back