Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pulse width modulation (PWM) AC voltage regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogis

Hi friends ,
Can anyone help me to tell how i can implement this work ?
I want to build a circuit for a pulse width modulation AC voltage regulator . This cicuit is to vary the amplitude of an AC voltage using pwm technique. The ac chopper should use bidirectional switches . The load could be a light dimmer, ac heater or an induction motor. I have not really got a clear knowledge about this work .Please,assist !

Thanks .

Yes, i want any suggestion on how to go about that. Possibly, circuit diagrams for the ac chopper (using bidirectional switches) and the pwm . If you know any link, you can direct me . Thanks .

I belive that IGBTs have a diode built in to allow for bidirectional switching. And for the PWM signal just use a 555 timer.

Hi,
Thanks for your help.I got one simple pwm power controller on discovercircuits.com . Can you help to tell me how to interface the ac chopper output and the pwm input ? The input and output should be AC voltage .I mean, the load has to be an ac load , not dc . The circuit input voltage is +6V, so should i first step down the voltage from the 240V supply to 6V before feeding the ac chopper ? The frequency has to be a fixed 50HZ.

Do you have any link where i can get an ac chopper schematic, using bidirectional switch ?

Thanks for your help .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back