Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pulse generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_conqueror

hi

i also need help on making a pulse generator which could emit within 50 microsecond

any schematics would be appreciated

dark_conqueror

Can you be more specific about your needs, as the component values affect the circuit operation. Do you mean 50usec as pulse width or 50usec
between pulses?

k7elp60 said:
Can you be more specific about your needs, as the component values affect the circuit operation. Do you mean 50usec as pulse width or 50usec
between pulses?

oh sorry about that. what i meant was 50usec between pulse.
i used ic 324(operational amplifier) and managed to get the signal up to 100usec but the signal shown on the oscilascope is zig zag , which something i don't want .

i would prefer the output would be in square waves:D

cheers

dark_conqueror

dark_conqueror said:
k7elp60 said:
between pulses?

oh sorry about that. what i meant was 50usec between pulse.
i used ic 324(operational amplifier) and managed to get the signal up to 100usec but the signal shown on the oscilascope is zig zag , which something i don't want .

i would prefer the output would be in square waves:D

cheers

dark_conqueror

So now we know the space width, but not the pulse width :D

In any case, an operational amplifier isn't a good choice, you really need a digital chip - or even a simple micro-controller. A PIC running at 4MHz takes 1uS per instruction, or at 20MHz only 200nS per instruction, you can easily generate 50uS (and smaller) pulses.

What is your actual application?, knowing that might make suggestions more applicable.

hi

thanks for the reply:D
i am making a high speed counter to count the lag time during zero crossing between 2 sinousidal.

i was thinking of using and AND ic with the output from a compilator and a pulse generator with the output connected to a counter .

will this work?

d.c

If I understand you, you want to count the time between two sine waves.
I would use two comparators, one to start the count and one to stop the
count. The count in seconds, milliseconds, or useconds is the period of time between the two sine waves.

If you square up the sine wave using comparators and feed that into an exclusive-OR gate, the output pulse will be proportional to the phase difference. You can filter that to DC for an analog output (I prefer analog solutions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back