Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse Dialing through Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

talent

w can some one please help me out on the issue of Pulse Dialing...

like for DTMF iam using MT3271 which decode the number .

But for Pulse Dialing can i use the same off-hook detection path to sent Pulses of dialing to controller using the theory that if "1" is pressed 1 pulse goes to controller if "2" is pressed 2 pulses...and if 0 is pressed then 10 pulses...
For this can i use :-

Like if i take:-

Make / Break ratio as 60:40 micro-seconds

and Inter Digit Space as 800 milli seconds..

how will i detect Pulses from telephone viz SLIC.

Suppose MT8816 X0 gets connect with Y0 if digit 0 is dialed if any other digit is dialed nothing happens.

what adjustment should be made in the following:-

should i use any interuppts of timing coz if i use the following software can only enterain one telephone set dialing...

MOV R0,#0D ; "initial value in Pulse Counter Register"

AGAIN:
JB P1.0,$ ;waiting for pulses to come on the same bit where off-hook is detected
Inc R0
JNB P2.1,$ ;waiting for low
CJNE R0,#02D, AGAIN ; "detecting whether the dialed number is 2 or not, if 2 then its desired function is done other wise controller wait for pulses"
SJMP MT8816_ADDRESS

using At89c51 & Crstal of 11.05 KOH

I have worked a lot on telecom.

Whats the status of ur project

May be I can help u if u give me feeback, as this seems to be quiet old querry

Phone Line Interfacing

Vik1501:

Hi,

I noticed from your reply that you have done lots of work with Telecom and i was wondering if you woud you know of a simple circuit that i could use too connect a PIC and MT8880c DTMF Decorder too a Phone line. I am not interested in dectecting rings, i just want too use the pic to make the on / off hook and dial a phone number, then once the person at the other end hold down a single key and i will receive that. Alos, i need a speaker at the PIC end of the application.

any help you have on this would be great.

I have a circuit that i think will work, but i don't want too go get the parts untill i am sure. I can e-mail you that circuit if that will help...
Thanks

lee

P.S.
If you want too e-mail me that would be great

lee_man_tbu@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back