Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pulse detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mono Electronic

hi friends
i need a circuit that detect a pulse .the pulse value is 12v max and 0v in minimum.when circuit detect the pulse,the output is "1" and when input circuit is 12v or 0v,circuit output is 0v.
please help me.

If the output is 0V when the input pulse is at 12V and at 0V, at what voltage do you want the detector to be triggered?
What is the pulse duration?
Is it repetitive?
A standard logic gate may meet your requirements.

If the output is 0V when the input pulse is at 12V and at 0V, at what voltage do you want the detector to be triggered?
What is the pulse duration?
Is it repetitive?
A standard logic gate may meet your requirements.
oh...yes...i forget this.
the maximum frequency is 100Hz.if circuit detect a pulse with 1Hz freq the output to "1"....of course i want to make this circuit whit 555 IC.

At what voltage do you want the detector to be triggered (since it can't be 0V and it can't be 12V)?
What is the 555 for? That needs a negative-going pulse to trigger it.

hi friends
i need a circuit that detect a pulse .the pulse value is 12v max and 0v in minimum.when circuit detect the pulse,the output is "1" and when input circuit is 12v or 0v,circuit output is 0v.
please help me.
By your description, this sounds more like a job for a comparator circuit (OFF or "0", at 0VDC and 12VDC, ON or "1", at some voltage between 0VDC and 12VDC).

Have I (and alec_t) described your intended circuit response correctly? If we have, you can make a decent comparator with 2 Op Amps, a 555 timer and associated discrete components. I would be glad to provide a working schematic.

Exactly what are you trying to do? It's not at all clear. :confused:

This is the basic job of a comparator which accepts any analog input and reference ( perhaps scaled down to not exceed input range , if using low voltage V) and outputs open collector that you may pull-up R to the correct logic level or has complementary drivers to standard logic levels.

Required:
1) Input pulse width min.. depends on comparator choice of bandwidth from low tech. 500kHz to high tech > 1 GHz.
2) Ideal threshold for input 0/1 = V/2?
3) Output pulse width min
4) Voltage for "1"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back