Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pull up resistor for reset pin ATmega 328P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused as to what resistor I need to use for the reset pin on my AVR.

The datasheet for my AVR says minimum 30K however the programmer ( Avrisp MK2) says it should be no higher than 4.7K otherwise it detects it as a short which is what happened when I put a 10K resistor in. My supply voltage is 5V.

from the datasheet for my avr chip
0.1Volts is the maxiumum voltage it will register as logical low.
VCC + 0.5V is registered as logical high.

Also may I ask if an ouput pin is turned logical low, does that mean it will sink current?

I'm a little confused as to what resistor I need to use for the reset pin on my AVR.

The datasheet for my AVR says minimum 30K however the programmer ( Avrisp MK2) says it should be no higher than 4.7K otherwise it detects it as a short which is what happened when I put a 10K resistor in. My supply voltage is 5V.

from the datasheet for my avr chip
0.1Volts is the maxiumum voltage it will register as logical low.
VCC + 0.5V is registered as logical high.

Also may I ask if an ouput pin is turned logical low, does that mean it will sink current?

hi,
Looking at the Avrisp d/s it says 'should not have a stronger pull up than 4.7K, which I would interpret as it should be higher than 4.7k.???

A pin set as a output will sink current when low and source current when high.

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    20.3 KB · Views: 535
Last edited:
Just to check I've wired it up correctly.
I've wired the pull up resistor to the vcc then the other end to the reset pin of the avr. Then off that wire it's connect to the reset pin of the Avrisp mk2 header.

Last edited:
Just to check I've wired it up correctly.
I've wired the pull up resistor to the vcc then the other end to the reset pin of the avr. Then off that wire it's connect to the reset pin of the Avrisp mk2 header.

hi,
This the circuit from the web.

Attachments

• AVRISP-mkII.pdf
    18.6 KB · Views: 808
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back