Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PT1000 temperature sensor calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianvon

Hi all,

I am going to use a PT1000 temp sensor for my project. From the data-sheet one can notice that the resistance is 1000ohms when the temperature is 0°C.

Now i want to determine the resistance for, lets say 40°C. Is there a formula or something to determine this?, since it is hard to determine the respective resistance from the graph given in the data-sheet.

(Attached please find the PT1000 datasheet)

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• pdf-14_38_68.pdf
    242.4 KB · Views: 1,716
hi,
Look at these pdfs

Attachments

• PT100dta.pdf
    190 KB · Views: 966
  • Resistor_table_Pt1000.pdf
    130.7 KB · Views: 2,109
Thanks for your fast reply ericgibbs :)

I will use the second PDF file which includes the table to calculate the resistance for a specific temperature.

Ericgibbs,

In the attached table (taken from the second attached file), do you know what are the numbers in the x-axes? (i.e. 0 1 2 3 ... 9 0)

Another question; I calculated that the resistance vary 3.9ohms for every degree Celsius ((1000 - 1039)/10). Is that correct??

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 15,598
Last edited:
They are increments of 1C from left to right of the extreme left column

eg: 80 81 82 83 84 .....

The datasheet suggests +4R/C will be close

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif