Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PT100 and XTR105 application

Status
Not open for further replies.

hello,anyone. recently, i am working with the temperature sensor PT100. the temp range is 0-100 degrees celsius. and i want the output is 4-20mA. and i find that the XTR105 is a good selection for my project. i know how to calculate the value of the resistor. the datasheet has given me a lot of equation. but still i have some questions:

1: the word from the XTR105 datasheet "the XTR105 is available in DIP-14 and SO-14 surface-mount packages and is specified for the -40 degrees celsuis to +85 industrial temperature range", and i donnt understand the word clearly. and my understanding is that: the measure temperature range of PT100 is just -40 to + 85, but what i want to measure is 0-100, the desired temperature range(0-100) is beyond of the datasheeet temperature range(-45 to +85). i donnt know whether i am right.

2: From the datasheet, the IC output is 4-20 mA. that's to say, in the minimum temperature ,the output is 4mA, in the maximum temperature ,the output is 20 mA. but it doesn't

give the resolution. my mean is that: if the temperature is 50.1 degrees celsuis, what the XTR105 will output ?

i donnt konw whether you understand what i mean. looking forward to your reply.

thanks.

hello,anyone. recently, i am working with the temperature sensor PT100. the temp range is 0-100 degrees celsius. and i want the output is 4-20mA. and i find that the XTR105 is a good selection for my project. i know how to calculate the value of the resistor. the datasheet has given me a lot of equation. but still i have some questions:

1: the word from the XTR105 datasheet "the XTR105 is available in DIP-14 and SO-14 surface-mount packages and is specified for the -40 degrees celsuis to +85 industrial temperature range", and i donnt understand the word clearly. and my understanding is that: the measure temperature range of PT100 is just -40 to + 85, but what i want to measure is 0-100, the desired temperature range(0-100) is beyond of the datasheeet temperature range(-45 to +85). i donnt know whether i am right.

2: From the datasheet, the IC output is 4-20 mA. that's to say, in the minimum temperature ,the output is 4mA, in the maximum temperature ,the output is 20 mA. but it doesn't

give the resolution. my mean is that: if the temperature is 50.1 degrees celsuis, what the XTR105 will output ?

i donnt konw whether you understand what i mean. looking forward to your reply.

thanks.

hi,
The temperature range -40 degrees celsuis to +85 industrial is for the XTR105 itself not the PT100 measurement range.
You would not mount the IC at the PT100 measuring position.:)
Look at page #9 of the XTR datasheet for the resistor values for 0Cdeg thru 100Cdeg

If you use the resistors specified in the Table, 0Cdeg will give 4mA and +100Cdeg 20mA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back