Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

psu design with the lm350

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjalf

hi there.. hope you can help me...

i got a 24VAC 3,6A transformer and i need to make an 6.3V 3A powersupply...

can the lm350 be used for this?? i have looked at the pdf files from national.com but my brain cant get the idea of the schematics...

is the someone who could help me??

thanks for your time :)

tjalf said:

can the lm350 be used for this?? i have looked at the pdf files from national.com but my brain cant get the idea of the schematics...

The transformer is really far too high a voltage, the regulator would need to dissipate about 100W of heat!.

You mention 6.3V, this is the standard heater voltage for 'E' series valves, is it for a valve heater supply?.

tjalf said:

is the someone who could help me??

thanks for your time :)

the o/p voltage is V=1.25(1+R2/R1)

so for ur needs make R2, 4 times that of R1 ,
R1- 470 and R2 1.9K will do (1.8K+100)

Nigel Goodwin said:
tjalf said:

The transformer is really far too high a voltage, the regulator would need to dissipate about 100W of heat!.

You mention 6.3V, this is the standard heater voltage for 'E' series valves, is it for a valve heater supply?.

thats correct... how small transformer should i den have??
i can get an 2*6v 2×3333mA transformer to an ok price would it be to small??

tjalf said:
thats correct... how small transformer should i den have??
i can get an 2*6v 2×3333mA transformer to an ok price would it be to small??

Historically valve heaters were fed with AC directly from a transformer, there's no need for either DC or regulation. If you can't find a specific heater transformer the 6V one mentioned above should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back