Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSPICE Simulation question

Status
Not open for further replies.

phalanx

Here is what I'm trying to do. I am trying to simulate a parallel LC circuit with an AC sweep as its input so I can actually see the phase differences in the inductor and capacitor. I built the circuit and used an AC voltage source, setup an AC analysis, and then simulated the circuit. I was able to see the resonance point of the circuit but here is the problem that I haven't been able to figure out.

The plots that it gave me were for the AC voltage and current values. What I want to do is see the actual waveform for the input, capactor, and inductor. I was unable to produce the actual waveform.

I tried using a custom stimulus and that provides me with the waveform I'm looking for, but I do not know how to make a frequency sweep in the stimulus editor.

Does anyone know how to view the waveform in an AC analysis or create a frequency sweep as a custom stimulus? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Bill

Quick summary:

If I perform an AC analysis, the output I get has frequency as the independent variable. I want time.

If I perform a transient analysis with a custom waveform, the output has Time as the independent variable but I need to know how to feed the system an AC frequency sweep.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

-Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back