Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pspice simulation Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethan169

Hey Guys,

So im trying to simulate a basic Op=amp circuit in spice. Im using a spacific National semiconductor Op-amp in the LMH series. Ive downloaded the spice model and orcard drawing for the chip from National's website. Added them to a library etc and used the part in my design.

When I run the simulation I get some errors that I dont really understand. Ive posted some screen shots of whats going on below.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

The errors in the schematic shown around those polarized caps is that I dont have a polarized cap that has a spice model. It shouldnt effect the simulation though. Any ideas? Ask questions if something is unclear I will try to be as clear as possible.

Thanks!

Oh the top window there pops up during the simulation and is allowing me to make changes. Its "pausing" the sim and giving me these options. Then in the error log for the simulation window if you scroll all the way down it says Try tunning with .OPTION STEPGMIN

SPICE is notorious for convergence problems. So have you tried changing the .OPTION STEPGMIN value as it suggested? Sometimes reducing the accuracy requirements of the simulation will also help.

P.S. The supply filter capacitors are ignored by the simulation since it generates an ideal supply voltage.

Last edited:
SPICE is notorious for convergence problems. So have you tried changing the .OPTION STEPGMIN value as it suggested? Sometimes reducing the accuracy requirements of the simulation will also help.

P.S. The supply filter capacitors are ignored by the simulation since it generates an ideal supply voltage.

I would like to try to adjust the steppgmin but was unsure of where to find this "field" I even searched in the help for this term and nothing came up?

Thanks for your response.

A Google search of Pspice stepgmin had several hits such as this and this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back