Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pseudocode / Diagram for basic robot programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almaz

I would like to build my first robot using 2 servos as wheels, 2 sharp ir (20cm-150cm) with 2 servos under Sharp IR sensors and 2 encoders. I have no problems programming microchips. I’m a little bit stuck, how to structure the program to make everything work. For now I’d like to program my robot to follow my CAT in other words, find and detect moving object and lock on that object then follow it using 2 sharp IR sensors. Instead of reinventing the bicycle I’d like to ask someone to post pseudocode or diagram how everything should work in a program.
Also if anybody has pseudocode / diagram how to program a basic mapping to remember obstacles would be a huge help.
Any help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Last edited:
It's a pretty ambitious project, and the flowchart of robot operation is one of the easier tasks, or at least it's one of the later tasks.

First you need to get the 2 servo wheel motors hooked up and coded, then interface the sharp IR distance sensors and get them coded.

Then start on the basic blocks of the operation, like code that uses the sharp sensors to tell a moving object from a non moving object, which is not that easy if the robot is to be moving at the time!

Then if you want it to map the environment and know where it is, that is a huge leap again in difficulty and processing power, and it's not really necessary in order get the bot functioning as planned (to follow a cat).

My suggestion is to start closer to the beginning, then tackle the higher level brain functions after its lower level brain functions are workign and defined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back