Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus VSM simulation speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecritic

Hi, I tried simulating a led flashing program in PIC16f676 using timer0 module. The calculated frequency is around 39 Hz. This is what I get if I connect a frequency counter or an oscilloscope. However, the logic state indicator, or the led connected to the pin flash at only around .5 Hz.
Does anybody knows how to do the realtime animations?

Purchase a faster CPU (approximately 4GHz) and the fastest memory chips you can get.

But I am not seeing
-"Simulation not running in real time due to excessive CPU load."

Oscilloscope, frequency counter (and stepper motor, in another simulation) respond in real time.

Try closing all the other(unwanted) programs so there is more of the CPU for ISIS. From what i have observed Proteus doesn't do time accurately, i use MPLab Sim for that.

Otherwise there always Boncuks and Bills advice :p

Thanks for the advices. I was just wondering, if ISIS was deliberately slowing down animations so that I can see whats going on. Seems like thats not the case.

there are settings in proteus to speed up animations but i wouldnt bother as they cause problems. i have a new i7 pc thats got 8 gigs of fast ram and proteus still strugles to do realtime sims. it just something you have to live with, also proteus dosnt take advantage of multi threaded capabillitys of cpu's so dosnt matter if you have a quad core machine like mine or a single core one. to get the best from proteus (wich isnt worth the money IMHO) you need a good graphics card and loads of fast memory. but it still isnt going to get near real time sims for most pic based stuff

Hi thecritic,

you might calculate the number of calculations and iterations the simulation takes within a certain time.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back