Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

proteus help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yohanevindra

ok..so i got my hands on a copy of proteus version 7...

i found out how to load on the PICDEM2+ board which is used in uni...and then after an age i found out how to properly load on the source files...

but then when i try to execute it, i get heaps of errors about missing models for GND, VCC and stuff like tht...wht do i do then?

ive attached the print screen of the log file for reference..

is there any place where i can see some tutorials or help files?cos the help files dont work properly..

Attachments

• proteus log.png
    proteus log.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 421
Those are warnings. Look at the red those are errors. The warnings are sometimes not important .. or i think so .. i used to get them and the simulation was ok

but wht do i do when it says it doesnt recognised .s19 in program property?

how do you properly load source code into the application?and wht do you do about the code generation tools?

Last edited:
i used to get them and the simulation was ok
I like that

The samples that come with it give errors. But they work LOL:confused:
You think they could get it right LOL

Last edited:
Go into the help menu...Proteus VSM help...my copy sounds like yours, they work yet they don't really work, I have to go through it page by page to find what I want...you'll eventually find an interactive simulation tutorial that will guide you step by step to simulate a circuit. It will include attaching the source file and allow you to further read Source Code Control System. You'll get lost if someone tries to tell you each step here....best to use the built in tutorial. I don't know what a .s19 file is but you'll find out what types of source files are supported in the tutorial links.

There are other topics covered including code generation tools and debugging when things don't go right. Not sure why your help files aren't working properly, maybe uninstall and reinstall program.

The problem with your pins...usually gnd, vcc, etc....they are probably hidden, not shown on the chip....but if you put your mouse over the chip and click the right button then the left(I know that sounds like a weird combo) an edit component window will pop up...to the right you'll see a button called hidden pins, click it, whatever the pin says the net should be the same, unless you know what you're doing and want to customize it, but this requires you to setup the same in another area, which is the next step...go to the menu Design and find Configure Power Rails...Power Rail Configuration window will pop up...the name should also match the nets connected to, just like whatever is in the hidden pins window....this may be hard to follow but you'll get the gist of it.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
whats a s19 file? I usually load it straight from MPLAB as a simulator if not then i load a hex file in it.

Atom do you have a full copy of the Proteus VSM
The s19 is all your little goodies the chip leds what have you :confused:
It's limited as you can see

Attachments

• see.PNG
    see.PNG
    66.8 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
ok..so i got another problem..

i got this problem where we have to generate a PWM on RB3. ive set MPLAB to output CCP2 on RB3. it works on the picdem 2plus board but there's a lot of noise.

ive inserted a oscilloscope in th circuit and assigne the "A" pin to RB3. but when i run the simulation and the oscilloscope, i dont get anything. is there anything im doing wrong?

ok..so i got my hands on a copy of proteus version 7...

i found out how to load on the PICDEM2+ board which is used in uni...and then after an age i found out how to properly load on the source files...

but then when i try to execute it, i get heaps of errors about missing models for GND, VCC and stuff like tht...wht do i do then?

ive attached the print screen of the log file for reference..

is there any place where i can see some tutorials or help files?cos the help files dont work properly..

You need to configure the power rails click on.. <design/configure power rails>
here are some good video tutorials that will help you under stand the basics.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Martin bates has got some very good book with interactive tutorials with proteus
**broken link removed**
Interfacing PIC Microcontrollers (.asm)
Programming 8-bit PIC Microcontrollers in C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back