Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Projector Screen Motor controller..

Status
Not open for further replies.

djevlen

Hello

this is a step-motor controller for a projector screen...to control it I use remote controll..i think it runs on 433 MHZ .

The problem is that the range of the remote control has been reduced from several metres to like 10 cm. I have to hold the remote control literally next to this board in order to issue commands up/down/stop.

Ive ordered new remote and successfully paired it. The problem is the same.

I have basic tools for electronic repairs...but don't know how to diagnose faults... There is no visible damage on the board.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1523.JPG
    IMG_1523.JPG
    550.2 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1524.JPG
    IMG_1524.JPG
    777.5 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1526.JPG
    IMG_1526.JPG
    948 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1527.JPG
    IMG_1527.JPG
    890.9 KB · Views: 193
  • remote.jpg
    remote.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 193
hi
It seems to be the little trans-receiver.....i heated it up a bit, and it worked.
However i cant find it in internet that exact same chip :
MAX3485
ESA
+413

Any idea how to get one of those or something equivalent ?
Its the +413 part that is no where to be found...

The 413 is likely the manufacturing date, week 13 of year 4 in the decade.
Most ICs have either a four digit or three digit date code, like the "426" on the ST chip near that.

Any MAX3485 in the correct surface mount package should work fine.

Try taking it to a friends house away from where you live. There may be a 433Mhz signal interfering somewhere in your area. We have dead zones in a nearby town where car remotes won't work.

I got another remote control which is able to pair with 5 different receivers (model bf-305) which I would prefer to use. On that remote it says 433.32Mhz... On the back of the remote that came with the projector screen it says 868Mhz .

Is there an easy way to rebuid the receiver / step motor controller so that its compatible with the bf-305 remote wich operate on 433.92MHz ?

Last edited:
I got another remote control which is able to pair with 5 different receivers (model bf-305) which I would prefer to use. On that remote it says 433.32Mhz... On the back of the remote that came with the projector screen it says 868Mhz .

Is there an easy way to rebuid the receiver / step motor controller so that its compatible with the bf-305 remote wich operate on 433.92MHz ?

No, replace either one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back