Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project using PIC16f and accelerometer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice find. If I make any up I'd just sell them at cost to select people. I do not have the time to mass make and ship things. The MMA7260 is an analog sensor. I prefer the digital sensors due to their simplicity and added functionality, like tap and gesture recognition.

birdman, I can shake my hand with a faster than 2Gs worth of acceleration... For vibration measurement you would need much more in many circumstances. Also for shock measurement the G ratings can be absolutely fantastic, accelerometers aren't ONLY for reading slow moving objects.

Last edited:
Birdman, I can hit my desk right now with my fist and generate well more than 6Gs. The energy involved (IE the destructive power) is related to the mass. My brain might experience pain in the bodies muscles, tendons, and bone structures and associated organs/tissues, but it will absorb the energy derived from my fist just fine. A whole human body hitting at the same rate will instantly kill you, or at the least severely damage body parts at the focus of different harmonic anti-nodes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back