Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project needing guidance (I am a beginner and need help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey you could illuminate a bunch of LEDs using a thing called https://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Joule-Thief/ and you can use with that small AAA sized batteries or cellphone batteries
advantage:
1. more illumination time
2. less drain on battery
3. less weight (small sized battery)
more :
**broken link removed**

Doesn't have to be seen from that far away. But it sure will be flashy. My intention is to hide the leds BEHIND pieces of my armor so that the produced light will serve to highlight features. As for the battery, I am finding on Ebay many cheap ($$$) batteries that seem to be very small and contain sufficient Ah for the job.

(P.S : I am finally starting to understand a few principles of electricity!)

hey you could illuminate a bunch of LEDs using a thing called https://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Joule-Thief/ and you can use with that small AAA sized batteries or cellphone batteries
advantage:
1. more illumination time
2. less drain on battery
3. less weight (small sized battery)
more :
**broken link removed**

Thank you for the Idea, but to me, that seems complicated :confused:. I am finally starting to have an idea of how I am going to make this. I will still need to buy some resistors and a different battery for this entire concept to work. I'll get back to all of you with a modified plan as soon as I have it, waiting for approval.

Thank you again for all your support.

Probably a lot lighter to carry than the SLA lump you started with - and now I've seen it I want one! Plenty of capacity there - 9800mAH is 9.8 ampere hours, which translates as 9.8 amps for an hour (though I wouldn't try it!), 1 amp for 9.8 hours, 100mA for 98 hours, or any other way you can divide that number up, eg 500mA for 49 hours - you see where this is going! So anyway that's plenty of capacity for you.

Small caveat with this type of battery - don't charge them to 100% and don't completely discharge them either (but I see it has protection for that anyway), and they like to be kept cool. Do these three things and it will last longer than if you er, don't. They are limited to a specified number of charge/discharge cycles (usually around the 300 mark I think) - you can still use them past this but their ability to hold charge deteriorates rapidly. Also, they have a limited shelf life - even if unused, it will eventually lose it's ability to hold charge, I think it's about 3 years. If you're not using it, charge it to about 70% and keep it in the fridge for optimum shelf life. (Same goes for laptop batteries if you normally only use the lappy on mains)

I got this information from: https://batteryuniversity.com/ when I was doing my own research a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back