Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalit

Hi all,
I want to make the following circuit please help.
Many a times i have seen in cities, the street lights remain on even during day time leading to severe loss of valuable energy.
I want to make a "light intensity controlled street light on/off regulator" or a "timer based street light on/off regulator".
Please help !
thx in advance.
Lalit :roll:

Street lighting is usually controlled in one of two ways - 1) from a nearby distribution substation, or street light control point (using a mechanical timer and contactor) or 2) each light has a photocell mounted on top.

Most of the time, when street lights are on during the day, it is either because the photocell has failed, the contactor (relay) is mechanically stuck "on", or someone has pressed the 'photocell bypass' switch :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back