Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

project founded by an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an interesting topic. At this point there have been 419 hits. Lets think about other people that are interested. If he gets what he wants, that’s great.
You know there are complications to my suggestion. I would like to here how you guys might work them out. For instance: that counter will have to be really quick to measure 10 FT. Is it even possible?

light travels 3x10^8 M/S or 30 cm per nS in a vacuum, a bit less in air but that's an easy number to work with. You would probably need 100 pS timer granularity in order to get 3 cm accuracy. Yes, it is possible but not easy. You would also have to factor in latency in the various components.

Evilstrike, on the general topic of "what is the problem". It's clear you have some sort of specific problem that needs solving. I think if you presented the actual problem, people might have completely different approaches to the solution. one or more of which might be much easier yet just as effective as your imagined but clearly difficult solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back