Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazymonkey

Hi Guys, my collection of electronic projects and circuit diagrams is growing ever bigger and I was wondering if their was like a program out their that can store information such as circuit diagrams, pcb layouts, what the circuit does/how it works and has a search feature so I can search for a project that has whatever.

I had a look at access, however i couldnt work out how to put an image (circuit diagram and PCB layout) into the database. Is their a way to insert an image that i haven't found or do i need to hyperlink to the images i want?

well in a acces database you only can put the links to the files in...

not files them selves..

when you use MSDE (SQL Server 2000) the free version is this.
you CAN add the pics but the database will grow fast...and the limit of a MSDE db is 2Gb..(any way you will let the original pics on your hardrive so i suggest only put the hiperlink in it. and place the pics in the same folder as de database in that way you don't delete them abusely..

TKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back