Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project based on optical fiber

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi.....i m final year electronics engineering student , i want to make project based on optical fiber , can any body suggest me the project and also can provide help regarding this project.....thanks......
me Peetamber Khatri
email:peetamber_es@hotmail.co.uk

hi to every one , still i have not got any response ???? i want to make my final year project based on optical fiber cable plz suggest me the topic.....

You're evil LOL!

The reason nobody wants to suggest a project idea is because we realize that if someone can't come up with one of their own, he won't be able to implement it once it's suggested, and we'll be on the hook to do it for you.

fiber optics

You're evil LOL!

The reason nobody wants to suggest a project idea is because we realize that if someone can't come up with one of their own, he won't be able to implement it once it's suggested, and we'll be on the hook to do it for you.

LOL:eek:... A final year engineering student who cannot think of a project utilizing fiber optics is apparently going to have a hard time finding a job once he graduates.:(:eek:

OK... here's a nice and unusal FibRE Optic Project candidate for consideration:

A Fiber-Optic Memory Store

Get a roll of fibre-optic cable **broken link removed**
and place a IR transmitter one end, and a receiver the other. **broken link removed**

Link the TX and RX together via an XOR gate, so that the whole thing is becomes a re-circulating bit store serial memory
The serial bits will go round and round the optical fibRE forever!

Hi

I don't know if this will help, but is based on the requirement one of our clients had many years ago.
Many people now use fiber for connections between buildings for voice and data, however they also require the monitoring of remote N/O or N/C connections or downloading of RS232 data. You could make a device that would relay such data down a fiber, but you must also maintain some sort of monitoring to detect if the fiber is broken or disconnected. I hope this gives you some ideas.

hi....here is 1 question...in optical fiber...we use LED or LASER as optical soerce...also this is modulated by the informatin input...i m confused that either the output of LED is modulated or the LED generates the output according to the information input..or plz simply explain me the how information is converted to light..

hey,
you can try preparing a transducer using optical fibre. for example, strain gauge.
its easy,
first you need a monochromatic light source.
then apply some external force on it, which will in turn change the intensity of the transmitted wave.
at the detector we measure the change in the intensity of the transmitted and the received wave.
this change can be calibrated to the strain on the fibre
so, e have prepared a strain gauge using optical fibre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back