Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming the PIC16F877 in c++

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawTechie

Hi, i've got the MPLAB installed and i was hoping someone here can help me figure out how to code the PIC program in c++. Actually, if someone can how me how to code a recursive function in asm that would do as well. because the only reason why i want to use c++ is that i don't know how to code a recursive c++ function in asm. thanks!

I guess you mean "C" and not "C++" the major difference being "C++" facilitates objects oriented approach while its predecessor does not. And till date very few "C++" has been developed for microcontrollers. If you want to work with objects then try for "OOPIC" microcontrollers.

What exactly do you mean by recursion? Do you mean iterations? Like for-loop or some recursive maths polynomial stuff?

oh right, thanks. i don't really need the object oriented approach, its just that i've used c++ before that's all.

anyway, what i meant by a recursive function is a function that calls itself e.g.:

function factorial(n)
if n=0 then result:=1
else result := n*factorial(n-1)

so the result of the above function is the factorial of the number n..i hope i got that function right..i was just doing it off the top of my head..i hope u get the idea of what i'm trying to do.

well..are there any programs which will convert a C program into assembly language so that I can just program the PIC16F877 in C? i've really cracked my head trying to figure out how to program a recursive function in assembly language. TIA!

:wink:

Hi, if you will use C language in conjuction with a PIC, there is some goodie for you on the net. At site below you'll find a free C pic compiler.

https://www.htsoft.com/ named PICC lite

Hopely usefull
Stardus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back