Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming the EEPROM of avr microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeprom2012

Hello Guys,
I will using the Avr atmega1284p Microcontroller , but i am not well knowledged in C programming or good at using the microcontroller, this is my first time and the group Project submission is due nearly in a week. My part of the group work is to write the code of EEPROM for the automated greenhouse . Can you please guys help me out help , e.x what are the things i should be looking at when writing the code for eeprom. Please any help would be really appreciated, if you require any more details before answering this query please do ask . I will write as much details as i can.

Thank you soo much Kubeek, I am using C and the Avr Studio 5.1 for coding . Should i use Avr Studio 5.1 or avr-gcc as you mentioned as i am newbie , so dont have much idea btw the two etc

I am not sure how the new studio 5.x does it, but with the 4.x version when you installed it you had only assembler, and after installing avr-gcc you could compile projects in C.
I suggest you get the 4.x version of the studio, the 5.x version seemed to me to be very slow and badly designed.

After you get that done and are able to compile some simple sourcecode, read the https://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/group__avr__eeprom.html page, you got there functions to read and write anything from a byte to large arrays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back