Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming Pic with pickit2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky72

Simple question. I am doing Nigel's tutorials using a breadboard. The chip I am using is a 16f628A. Can I leave the pickit2 connected while actually running the program, or will this damage either the pickit2 or the chip. So far I have been removing and replacing the pickit2 every time I change the coding, but this becomes a pain after a while. Thanks in advance for any info I may receive.

I never remove the wires of my programmer. It still works. It will only be a problem if you want to use RB6, RB7 and MCLR.

I use my pickit2 to power the breadboard/circuit (as long as the current draw does not exceed the max specs), it's fast and I don't have to disconnect the programmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back