Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming PIC question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

udi_hakim

Hello,
Its my first time messing with PIC's so excuse me for any stupid questions... :)

I would like to start working with the PIC16c745, my main needs are the A/D and the USB options.

I got the PIC16C745-I/SP.

My question is can i reprogram this chip or its an OTP memmory type?
And if it is an OTP how can i develop a device if i can't reprogram it over and over agin??

Thanks

udi_hakim said:
My question is can i reprogram this chip or its an OTP memmory type?
And if it is an OTP how can i develop a device if i can't reprogram it over and over agin??

You can't, it's an OTP chip, you need the 16C745-JW which is a UV eraseable version - easily spotted by the window on the top. You develop your program on the UV eraseable chip, then use OTP versions once it's finalised.

Yep i got it thanks mate now the problem is that the JW is ******* expansive and its not an EEPROM and i can't get it via samples...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back